Looking for a particular tangle pattern, there are a few websites dedicated to listing them, with links to step outs, and some other useful reading options on all things tangling!
- TanglePatterns – Linda Farmer a CZT who hosts a wide collection of tangles with links to their “step-outs” (instructions) created by tanglers from all over this world. Tangles updated all the time.
- Musterquelle (PatternSource.eu) — another tangle pattern collection, with a section in Reticula and Fragments. Us the language selector to translate from German. Tangles updated all the time.
- Blog Zentangle – The individual blog posts are fun reading, definitely worth hunting through some older ones.
- Favorite Tangle Patterns List by Eni Oken — One of the CZT who teaches online, and through videos and e-books. You can also subscribe to her Art Club for a fee. Search through her website from here.
- IamtheDivaCZT – Laura Harms, CZT, created one of the original Zentangle Art Challenges. Her blog is now a collection of ideas and prompts together with Laura’s personal stories.
- Tangle List – has a list of the tangles that came out of Zentangle.com, often referred to as ‘official’ tangles, but other just say ‘Tangles from ZenHQ’.
Other options for more general info and options for prompts:
- Zentangle’s Newsletter and smartphone app – the free newsletter has great tips and tricks, and the app gives you a visual ‘waterfall’ of tiles and ZIA which others have uploaded to inspire you.
- Youtube: Contains all the videos for all the Zentangle.com project packs, also Melinda Barlow of Inkidoodles has a collection of videos and techniques she has covered in video format.
- Facebook groups: There are too many to mention here, whether you want something generic or specific to a particular theme e.g. fragments, dingbatz, monotangles etc.here are a few:
- Dynamic Dingbatz – Art based around the Dingbatz concept.
- Monotangle Adventures – Monotangles only (a monotangle is art that uses only one tangle pattern).
- Reticula and Fragments – Art based around the Reticula & Fragments concept.
- Tangled Gems – Tangle art that looks like gemstones and jewels.
- Today’s Tangles – Non-representational art only.
- Today’s Tangles: Keeping it Classic – A weekly challenge for “classic” Zentangle art (white tile, black ink, official Zentangle tangle patterns only).
- ZIA Tips, Tricks, and Techniques – Zentangle Inspired Art & tutorials
- Square one – ZentangleBaZaar – share videos on anything Zentangle